Monday, July 27, 2009

About Us

The Baby Store Plus BloggerMommies is made up of five women in varying stages of motherhood. These stages range from at least one of our moms being currently pregnant, several of our moms currently have 2 & 3 children each, and go all the way to myself -grandmother of two.

A brief history...I am the administrator of this group and owner of The Baby Store Plus, a baby & maternity shop located in SW Colorado. I formed a Focus Group to help me decide what products should be carried in the store. The Mommy Focus Group quickly realized that we could help other mom's by making our product reviews public...and the review blog idea was conceived. After much discussion and behind the scenes labor, the BloggerMommies was born.

The benefit of our retail roots is that the product suppliers can get more than just a review by and for mommies, because they also get the bonus of feedback about their product packaging, presentation, retail price point, and general sell-ability. Plus, if our mommies just love the product and feel that it is a must-have item in our community, then I may want to place a wholesale order myself.

In order to bring as much attention and publicity as possible to the great products that we review, we use every outlet available to us, some of which is our two Twitter accounts (BabyStorePlus & BloggerMommies), Facebook, LinkedIn, Mom Blog Directories, our weekly emails to our store customers, and various mentions on our store website. We include free ads with each review and also host Giveaways to bring more excitement about the products that we review. We also encourage the product suppliers to offer special discounts to those who don't win the giveaway, that way everyone wins!

Blogger Integrity has become a hot topic lately, especially for bloggers like ourselves who receive free products in exchange for a review. Let everyone hear me loud and clear... We only post our honest thoughts and opinions in our review posts. Yes, it may be possible for us to be 'slightly' influenced by the fact that we get the product for free, but that will in no way make us write a positive review for a negative product. The point of this blog is to bring you news and reviews of great products that may make your life a little bit better so posting a negative review would be counter-productive. We have had products that did not meet our minimum rating requirement and we have refused to post a review for those products. My grandma always told me, "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all", and that is our position with regard to reviews also.

We hope that the BloggerMommies blog will be a valuable resource for parents everywhere!

Read our Terms of Use

Anna D (Admin)
Mother of two grown daughters, my youngest is one of our blogger mommies. I have two grandbabies, my granddaughter is almost 3 years old and my grandson just turned 1 year old. I am also the owner of The Baby Store Plus and creator of the Mommy Focus Group which evolved into this group of ladies that I affectionately call my 'Blogger Mommies'.
Jennifer
I am the mother of three children, my son "M" is 8 years old, my daughter "G" is 4 years old, and another daughter, baby "B" just born in February of this year. I am a stay-at-home mom & in-home child care provider.
Katy
I am the mother of two children, my daughter "K" will be 2 years old in January and my sweet baby boy "T" was just born in April of this year. I am a stay-at-home mom.
Whitney
I am the mother of two children, my daughter "S" turned two in February and my son "R" was born in December of 08. I work full-time, however, I am fortunate that I get to take my kids to work with me at The Baby Store Plus, where work with my mom.
Guest Reviewer
Unfortunately, one of our expectant mommies could not remain in our group due to conflicting events in her life. Until we fill this position permanently, we will have guest reviewers for any maternity products.