Thursday, September 3, 2009

BABY 4-1-1 (A Baby Shower Game)

With one of our mommies being pregnant, we are all thinking about her upcoming baby shower. One thing that is always done at baby showers are games. You are probably quite familiar with the usual games, pins in the bottle, guess the measurements of mom's belly, wearing a diaper pin until someone catches you saying the word 'baby', but now there is a new baby shower game that is not only fun, it's educational. It's called Baby 4-1-1 and it was invented by Daphne Hennesey, who was assigned the job of planning the baby shower games for a friends shower. She was always fielding questions from new moms about labor & delivery, taking care of a newborn and such, so she decided to create her own game for the shower that would teach the mom-to-be some of this stuff and allow the experienced moms to show off their knowledge.


Daphne sent us a Baby 4-1-1 game to review. Since Anna L is due in January, we thought it most appropriate that she do the review. Although her baby shower is not planned until early December, she has had the opportunity to play the game with her friends and even her husband. Here is her review...


When I first got home with the new Baby 4-1-1 game, I set it up and started putting the cards in the slots, and low and behold my husband wanted to play! So I read the questions which were very easy to read and understand, and he would answer. Some of the questions we knew because this will be our second baby, but some I really didn't know at all!
The instructions were very easy to understand, as the game is played much like Jeopardy.You can have 2-20 people playing. If you have more than 6 people it is suggested that you play in teams. One person from each team pick's a category and what dollar amount they want, then someone reads the question (usually the guest of honor). If someone from that team answers the question correctly, that team wins the money for that question. Then the next team picks a question. The game goes on until all of the cards are gone. The winner is the person or team with the most money!


A few sample questions are:

Q. How soon should you go to the hospital after your water breaks?
A. Immediately
Dollar Amount $2

Q. What is the color of most newborns hands and/or feet?
A. Bluish (I didn't know that one)
Dollar Amount $3

Q. What does SIDS stand for?
A. Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
Dollar Amount $2

My friend came over and I pulled out the Baby 4-1-1 game. We had a blast playing it. Sometimes we would end up talking about the questions for awhile and sharing our different experience's. She really liked the game, and also thought it was neat that it had 'Baby Bucks'. We thought it would be even more fun with more people playing, make it a race for the money! My friend said she would like to have the Baby 4-1-1 game too. I really think this is great for someone who is getting ready to have their first child or even a second or third! I can't wait to use the Baby 411 game at my baby shower, I think it's going to be a hit!

I would definitely recommend the Baby 4-1-1 game to a friend having a baby! You can learn a lot as a new information for first time moms and it even helps you refresh if it's your 2nd or 3rd child. At just $14.95 I think it would make a great baby shower gift that could be used at the shower. I wish there was another game for AFTER the baby is born as well!

If you would like to purchase the Baby 4-1-1 game for your next baby shower, visit the Baby 4-1-1 website to make your purchase.

Daphne has graciously offered to award a Baby 4-1-1 game to one of our Lucky Readers!

To WIN the Baby 4-1-1 game here is what you need to do:

FIRST, you must complete the Mandatory Entry by commenting below to tell why you would like to Win this game. Be sure to include your email address in the comment so I can contact you if you win. To prevent bots from picking up your email address and sending you spam, please enter your email address as: "BloggerMommies at gmail dot com"

After completing the mandatory entry above, you can get additional entries by doing any or all of these tasks: (you must leave each entry in a separate comment in order for them to each count.)

~ Become a Follower this blog. (then post in the comment box to say you are now a follower of this blog.)

~ Follow us on Twitter. (then tell us you now follow & post your Twitter Name in the comment box)

~ Tweet about this Prize & Giveaway on Twitter, you must include at least the following in your tweet: I want to Win the Baby 4-1-1 game! @BloggerMommies http://tinyurl.com/mgedpy (Copy & Paste as it is, to prevent errors in your tweet.) You may tweet this up to 3 times per day, no more often than every 4 hours. Be sure to post a comment here immediately after each time you tweet and include your Twitter ID in the comment box (I will reject any comments that say "tweeted yesterday, or earlier this morning", comments must be submitted within an hour of when tweet posted).

~ Become a Fan of BloggerMommies on Facebook. (then come back here and post your facebook name in the comment box.)

~ Link to Us: Grab our 'Button' in the right-hand column and post it somewhere on your blog or websites home page. Then copy the exact page address from your browser window and post that in the comment box.

~ Subscribe to our Posts or Comment feeds. (Then comment about that too)

If you do not see the Comment Box, click on the 'comments' link below.
*NOTE: Your comments will not immediately appear because they have to be verified & approved first.


This Giveaway will end on Monday, September 21st, 2009 at 5:00pm (Mountain Time). A random comment will be chosen at that time. The winners will be contacted by email and will have 48 hours to reply with their name and shipping address. If a response is not received within 48 hours that winner will forfeit the prize and a new winner will be selected. Sorry, no exceptions.
[05283-07483]

Good Luck to Everyone!
Be sure to take alook at our other Reviews, you could win more great stuff too!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!
Details will be posted on our Winners Page once the winner replies to their confirmation email.

13 comments:

Jules said...

how fun that game would be!
parjulessmitty (at) hotmail (dot) com

Jules said...

I am a follower on google reader...does that count?
parjulessmitty(at)hotmail(dot)com

justicecw said...

I would love to win to play at my sister's baby shower. Thanks for the chance, justicecw@hotmail.com

justicecw said...

I am a google reader subscriber
justicecw@hotmail.com

justicecw said...

Tweeted at http://twitter.com/justicecw/status/3742051335
justicecw@hotmail.com

justicecw said...

9/6 tweet at http://twitter.com/justicecw/status/3797335706
justicecw@hotmail.com

justicecw said...

9/7 tweet at http://twitter.com/justicecw/status/3821897722
justicecw@hotmail.com

justicecw said...

9/8 tweet at http://twitter.com/justicecw/status/3842444509
justicecw@hotmail.com

justicecw said...

9/9 tweet at http://twitter.com/justicecw/status/3865364990
justicecw@hotmail.com

justicecw said...

Tweeted at http://twitter.com/justicecw/status/3889194350
justicecw@hotmail.com

justicecw said...

9/11 tweet at http://twitter.com/justicecw/status/3913588452
justicecw@hotmail.com

Hazel Nut said...

I am so done with having kids, but I end up helping others plan baby showers and we always end up trying to figure out new fun games. This looks like so much fun!

Count me in for this one!
~Lisa
blogs.journals[at]yahoo[dot]com

Hazel Nut said...

Tweet Tweet!

LisaCurcio (twitter ID)

Anna D (Admin)
Mother of two grown daughters, my youngest is one of our blogger mommies. I have two grandbabies, my granddaughter is almost 3 years old and my grandson just turned 1 year old. I am also the owner of The Baby Store Plus and creator of the Mommy Focus Group which evolved into this group of ladies that I affectionately call my 'Blogger Mommies'.
Jennifer
I am the mother of three children, my son "M" is 8 years old, my daughter "G" is 4 years old, and another daughter, baby "B" just born in February of this year. I am a stay-at-home mom & in-home child care provider.
Katy
I am the mother of two children, my daughter "K" will be 2 years old in January and my sweet baby boy "T" was just born in April of this year. I am a stay-at-home mom.
Whitney
I am the mother of two children, my daughter "S" turned two in February and my son "R" was born in December of 08. I work full-time, however, I am fortunate that I get to take my kids to work with me at The Baby Store Plus, where work with my mom.
Guest Reviewer
Unfortunately, one of our expectant mommies could not remain in our group due to conflicting events in her life. Until we fill this position permanently, we will have guest reviewers for any maternity products.